Friday, April 29, 2011

Round 2 Results

Hello everybody it's Jack again. As I predicted earlier today I got paired against a top seed. I was the black pieces against James A Black Jr., the 7th grade chess prodigy straight out of New York, the chess machine. James is a 2196 rated player, fresh off his middle school championship. The only reason I know who he is is because he is all over the chess world. James is about to break all kinds of records and is the future of American chess. So going into this game I was a little bit intimidated, but of course I tried to crush him like anyone else. Well he opened with 1.d4, and we went into kings Indian. He played Rc1on move 8 which I had never seen or studied before which confused me enough to go down a pawn. Unfortunately my game wasn't the only thing I could focus on. Behind me a player unfortunately had a seizure. Yeah I know pretty crazy...but I wish the bet of luck to him. So anyways, I ended up creating counter play and made the game interesting, but James was able to calmly defend my threats because of his extra pawn. So in the end I lost, but I can't be that upset I mean he is probably going to be a future U.S. Champion. And for all my chess players, I will be doing videos reviewing my games when I get back so that we can all learn from them. Well I'm back to studying for round 3 at 9am tomorrow, but thanks for the support again and talk to you tomorrow.

Location:Opryland Dr,Nashville,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment